Alexander R. Malaket, CITP, CTFP, is President of Canadian consultancy OPUS Advisory Services International Inc., established in 2001, focusing on international business, trade and investment with a specialism in trade finance/supply chain finance. Alexander has undertaken a range of consultancy assignments, from operational and tactical to technology, to global strategy, and delivered various training programs for clients around the world.
Alexander has researched and authored thought leadership reports, program assessments and reviews, public and international policy reports and has participated in or chaired numerous international initiatives for industry bodies and other institutions.
Mr. Malaket is an internationally recognized expert, contributing regularly to industry publications like Trade Finance Magazine, Trade & Forfaiting Review, Global Trade Review, Cash & Trade Magazine and Trade and Export Finance. Alexander speaks and chairs panels at top-tier conferences and events around the world and is the author of “Financing Trade and International Supply Chains”, Gower/Ashgate Publishing, UK 2014 (now Taylor & Francis, UK).
Alexander holds the designations of Certified International Trade Professional (FITT, Ottawa) and Certified Trade Finance Professional (ICC Academy, Singapore).
Mr. Malaket has been nominated, elected or invited to contribute to various organizations in several capacities, including:
- Chair, International and Technical Advisory Committee, Global Trade Professionals
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Finance for Impact, France
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Tin Hill Capital, Singapore
- Member of the Board, World Trade Symposium, UK
- Deputy Head of the Executive Committee, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Banking Commission, France
- Chair, ICC Market Intelligence and Rethinking Trade and Finance/Editorial Board
- Chair, ICC Trade Register (2013-2016)
- Chair, GSCFF Supply Chain Finance Standard Definitions Drafting Group (2014-2016)
- Co-Chair, ICC Banking Commission G20/B20 Consultations
- Co-Chair of the Academic Committee, ICC Academy (Trade Finance and InternationalBanking), Singapore
- Nominated National Expert, Trade Finance, UN/CEFACT, Switzerland
- Member of the Trade, Finance and Development Experts Group, E15 Initiative (WorldEconomic Forum and ICTSD), Switzerland
- Delegate for Canada and for the ICC, B20/G20 Consultations for 2015 (Financing Growth Task Force), 2016 (SME Development Task Force), 2017 (Financing and Infrastructure, and SME Cross-Thematic Group Task Forces), 2018 Financing Growth and Infrastructure
- Member of the International Affairs Committee, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Ottawa
- Member of the Institute of Corporate Directors, Canada
- Member of the Asia Pacific Finance Forum
- Senior Advisor, World SME Form (US, Turkey)
- Past Member of the Inaugural Board and Executive Committee, World Trade Centre Winnipeg
- Past Member of the Board of Directors and Board Nominating Committee, FITT, Canada